Monday, February 22, 2010

Thick, Coarse, Naturally Curly Hair. Cut ideas?

I have very thick, coarse, naturally curly hair I would like to grow longer. I had my hair in long layers but it grew out like a mullet (business in front, party in back). I always ask the stylists to cut the layer underneath shorter than they normally would, but they never cut it short enough. My hair is frizzier and finer in the front and the bottom layer in smoother and less curly.


I recently was in a bad mood and got sick of the mullet and chopped the longest layer inderneath off as it was dangling down. I am happy later it turned out nice, better than the stylists have done.


I have a hard time getting someone to cut my hair they way I knwo it needs to be cut. This is most likely the way they were not taught in beauty school.


Anywhoo, any ideas on a new cut that would be for growing my hair longer? I am thinking of a simple blunt cut. I dont dye my hair or want any high maintenence nonsense. Thanks.Thick, Coarse, Naturally Curly Hair. Cut ideas?
I think blunt cut is the way to go. I don't have coarse hair, but I would imagine your hair would grow out fast. At some point you may need to add layers to avoid looking like a brunette Christmas tree.





If that fails, bring back the mullet. I know you can work it.





;)

No comments:

Post a Comment